3rd Annual Career Pivot Reader Survey
As the Career Pivot brand and website approaches its 7th anniversary, I thought it would be a good time to run our 3rd reader survey.
The website traffic grew from 189,000 visits in 2016 to 240,000 visits in 2017 to 300,000 visits in 2018 which was a 25% increase in traffic. Traffic from email and LinkedIn stayed relatively steady but traffic continued to drop coming from social media platforms Facebook and Twitter. Most marketers are experiencing drops in traffic coming from all of the social media platforms.
Reader Survey Sections
I want to know who you are:
- Age range
- Employment status
- Location by continent
In my career, where I have traveled the world, the one thing I can honestly say I have learned, is no matter who I think the audience is … it is always different.
How You Use the Website
I want to know:
- How frequently do you come to the website?
- Are you a subscriber via e-mail?
- What are your favorite topics?
- How do you reach the website? LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, E-mail…
- Is there anything you would like me to address?
Please take a moment and take the survey.
Changes Made in 2018
As many of my regular readers know, my wife and I have relocated to Ajijic, Mexico. We are simplifying our lives and you will see that reflected in the Career Pivot website. If you are interested in following our journey, check out the How to Move Abroad and Take Your Job With You Series.
Over the last few months, you may notice some of the following changes:
- BoomerJobTips posts have been moved to the Career Pivot Insights Email but the BoomerJobTips page lives on.
- New or updated blog posts are only published on Mondays
- Start Here Page was created
- Portal Pages are available and you can find these in the sidebar to the right or at the bottom of this page.
- The search box was moved to the header to make it easier to search the website on mobile devices
- Blog content has been recategorized and made easier to traverse (check out the menu bar at top of this page)
- Podcast content has been recategorized and made easier to traverse (check out the menu bar at top of this page)
- Career Pivot Community website page was created but is not easily found and this is by design
- Ads on the website have increased
All of these changes have been made to make the website easier to traverse and increase revenue to cover costs. As traffic has grown, so have the hosting costs to over $100/month.
We have also crossed the 50% mobile users threshold. Over half of the visitors to Career Pivot are now using either their smartphone or tablet. Given the age demographic of the readers of this website, we are late in crossing this threshold.
This is no longer a little personal website anymore.
Plans for 2019
My plans are to update as much content, as creating new content. You will know if the post has been updated by the [Updated] signifier in the title. I typically increase the length of the content by 50% which means I will bring the post up to date and go deeper into the topic.
The Career Pivot community website is currently in the beta phase with approximately 50 members. This will continue to evolve and where I am putting my entire emphasis and focus on for 2019. I am no longer taking on individual coaching clients with the exception of delivering the CareerPivot Evaluation.
I am currently interviewing people from a waiting list to judge their eligibility to join the community. My plans are to formally launch the community in the 2nd half of 2019.
If you would like to learn more and possibly participate in the beta program, please go to the CareerPivot Community website page and put your name on the waiting list.
If there are any topics that you would like to see addressed on this blog or where you would like me to go deeper please either comment below or contact me via the contact form.
I am always open to your input!Marc Miller
Like what you just read? Share it with your friends using the buttons above.
Do You Need Help With ...