Repurpose Your Career – Practical Guide for the 2nd Half of Life Third Edition is due out in mid-September of 2019.
There will be 2 launch dates:
- Thursday, September 12th – The Kindle edition will be published with a price of 99 cents.
- Monday, September 16th – The Paperback will be published with a price of $14.97 but it is available for preorder today. Click here to order the book.
I have been soliciting book quotes for inclusion on the back cover and inside the front cover.
For those who want to fall in love with their work again, redeploy their experience and skills into a new career, and prudently make a shift, Marc Miller’s strategic guidance is a pathway to success.
–Kerry Hannon, author of Never Too Old To Get Rich: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Starting a Business Mid-Life
The updates and relevance of Marc’s book are perfectly timed! Retirement means something very different today than it did for our parents. The aging workforce in the US needs to understand how to take ownership of their careers. This book will guide you through the challenging steps of transitioning into a purposeful second career!
— Hannah Morgan, Job Search Strategist and Founder, Career Sherpa.net
Change is the norm in today’s job market. Reinvention is no longer optional and Marc takes the guesswork out of it by providing practical strategies to ensure that you have the skills, direction and most importantly, the connections you need to be successful in the next phase of your career. If you’re not ready to retire, but unsure of next steps, do yourself a huge favor and get a copy of Repurpose Your Career.
–Dawn Graham, Ph.d., author of “Switchers: How Smart Professionals Change Careers and Seize Success” and Host of “Career Talk” on SiriusXM Radio.
I always enjoy talking to Marc Miller for insights and stories about finding meaningful work in the second half of life. Now you can read his thoughts on the topic drawn from years of consulting with clients, as well as his own experiences. The information in each chapter is practical, with helpful action steps. But, as he reminds us, learning new skills and meeting new people should also be fun. Experienced workers still have enormous contributions to make to our society and economy.
–Chris Farrell, author of Purpose and a Paycheck
The updated version of Repurpose Your Career offers a roadmap to finding meaningful work during the second half of life. Written by celebrated career coach Marc Miller, it is chock-full of proven strategies, relatable stories, and actionable advice tailored to the unique needs of people over 50. If you want to make your next act your best act, start reading this book now.
–Nancy Collamer, Semi-Retirement Expert and Founder of MyLifestyleCareer.com
Marc’s insights into our late-career challenges are profound. For anyone navigating this new and uncertain life stage, his book provides a reassuring and empowering message.
–John Tarnoff, career coach and author, “Boomer Reinvention”
“I love this book. Marc points out that as we get older it becomes harder to “pretend” to be something other than ourselves at work. Amen. The chapter about being a square peg in a round hole will resonate with many readers. Marc shows us how to live in our own unique “square hole” when we repurpose our career. I live by the mantra “make age 50 to 75 the best years of my life – and you can’t do that if your career ladder is against the wrong wall”
–Thom Singer, Speaker and host of the “Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do” podcast
As usual, Marc Miller provides excellent advice on today’s requirements for a successful job search and career, focused on helping those of us over 50 cope with all the changes happening. Marc describes how the whole work environment has shifted dramatically with the increasingly rapid growth in the use of technology – for example, how some older industries (and jobs) are disappearing while new industries (and jobs) are developing. In this latest edition, Marc describes how to recognize, adapt, and overcome the new barriers to continuing your career and your income.
–Susan P. Joyce, owner of Job – Hunt.org
“Attention job seekers! Whether you are relaunching your career, transitioning to a new one or just starting out in the work world, Marc Miller focuses on actionable strategies for the most important and difficult parts of the job search. Read carefully and benefit immediately from his expert advice!”
— Carol Fishman Cohen, Co-founder, iRelaunch
If you are a regular podcast listener you probably recognize most of these names as they all have been guest on the Repurpose Your Career Podcast.
Media About the Book
A series of podcast interviews have been recorded and a few have already been released.
Episodes that have already released are as follows:
- iRelaunch Podcast – Episode 99: “Career Pivoting: What It Means and How It Works” with Marc Miller
- The Not Old Better Show -#366 Repurpose Your 2d Act Career Marc Miller
- As We Get Older -How to Repurpose Your Career
- GEB Podcast Interview w/ Marc Miller; Figuring Out And Knowing What To Do
- ShalandaSays Meet Career Expert Marc Miller Part 1 of 3
- ShalandaSays Meet Career Expert Marc Miller Part 2 of 3
- ShalandaSays Meet Career Expert Marc Miller Part 3 of 3
- The Career Confidante
- Mastering Midlife Podcast
Podcast episodes that have already been recorded but not yet released are as follows:
Podcast episodes scheduled to be recorded include:
- Criminal Justice Evolution Podcast – Hosted by Patrick Fitzgibbons
- Yak About Today
- Second Act Stories
Physical Book Tour
The physical book tour starts when we leave Ajijic Mexico (where my wife and I live) to drive back to Austin on September 17th. Our stops include the following:
- September 19th, Houston – I plan on meeting several Career Pivot Community members in Houston. If anyone wants to join us click here to contact me.
- September 20th and 21st, Nacogdoches, Texas – I will be hanging out working in a coffee shop both days. If you are in east Texas and would like to stop by click here to contact me.
- September 24th, Round Rock Texas – I will be speaking to Hired Texas job club.
- September 27th, Austin, Texas – I will be speaking to Launch Pad Job Club.
- September 28th, Austin, Texas – I plan on having a ‘meet and greet’ all afternoon, in a place yet to be determined.
- October 1st, Basking Ridge, New Jersey – I am speaking to the”Career Forum” which is sponsored by the Somerset Hills YMCA in Basking Ridge, NJ. I will be presenting “Turning Reinvention Failure into Future Success!”
- October 4th, Princeton New Jersey – I will be speaking to The Professional Service Group (PSG) of Mercer County. PSG of Mercer County is co-sponsored with the generous support of The Princeton Public Library at 65 Witherspoon Street, Princeton NJ 08540.
- October 5th, East Brunswick, New Jersey – I will be organizing a meet and greet somewhere near where my 45th high school reunion is being held in central New Jersey. Contact me if you would be interested in attending.
- October 7th, Philadelphia, PA – I will be speaking to Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group
- October 8th, King of Prussia, PA – I will be speaking to the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group.
- October 12th, Washington DC – I will be holding a meet and greet somewhere in the DC area. Contact me if you would be interested in attending.
We return to Austin on the 13th or 14 of October and start the 3-day drive back to Ajijic.
Thank you to everyone who is making this happen.