Are you stuck in your career or job search? Do you know what you really want?
My methods are different from most career professionals!
I want you to understand who you are before you decide where to go next. Recently had a client tell me that I gave him his authenticity back. Most of us in the 2nd half of life have forgotten who we are or what we really want from our careers.
If this resonates with you, read on.
If all you’re looking for is help with your resume, I will be happy to refer you to an excellent resource.
Career Pivot has gone through a major transition in how clients are serviced.
What is offered now is the Career Pivot Evaluation package and the Career Pivot community.
The goal of the Career Pivot Evaluation Package is to develop a clear understanding how you appear and how you want to be treated in the workplace. Understanding where you have morphed your behavior to fit into the corporate world is critical to understanding yourself.
This package includes:
- Taking the Birkman/AboutU Assessment, Followed by three feedback sessions
- Career Reflection — We will document the characteristics you want in:
- Structure and Rules
The products you will receive from this package:
- Birkman/AboutU Report — Over 25 pages of detailed analysis of your interests, 11 different behaviors, how closely you fit into standard corporate roles, your natural management styles, your decision-making style. For more read, the section on the Birkman assessment below.
- Personal Vocabulary — A list of 10-20 words or phrases that you are comfortable using to describe yourself. As a result, you will be comfortable answering one of the most difficult interview questions, “Tell me about yourself”.
- Personal Decision-Making Description — A one-paragraph description (in your own words) of how you make decisions. This is critical in the hiring process to determine the right “fit”. Will your style fit into the new organization?
- Core Needs and Stress Behaviors — You will receive a personalized LifeStyle Grid, which contains descriptions of your core needs and stress behaviors within the workplace. From this, you can develop standard questions to ask in interviews to determine whether the organization is a good fit for you. Understanding your core stress behaviors will help you detect early on when you become stressed, as well as develop coping mechanisms when your needs are not met.
- Personal Career Filter — Based on your career reflection worksheet, you will create a filter that helps you can compare each new opportunity in light of your optimal work characteristics.
- Interview Questions — Based on the Birkman Stress Report you will identify your top 10-15 needs within the workplace and develop open-ended questions that you can use during interviews and while networking.
If you are willing to reflect back and understand why you were the most miserable and the most fulfilled in your career, you will have multiple aha moments during this process.
Don’t jump into another job search without knowing who you are and what constitutes fulfillment for you. This crucial first step puts you on the right path for a successful career pursuit.
Click here to schedule a free 30-minute telephone consultation.
Duration — Three to four weeks
Career Pivot Community
All of us want the freedom to work…
…how we want,
…when we want,
… and at something we love to do.
Every 30 to 60 days, the Career Pivot Community brings in a new cohort of individuals. This is a paid membership community. If you are interested in learning more, please click here.
Because of the depth and intricacy of the feedback provided by this assessment Career Pivot provides five hours of coaching spread over three sessions. You are given homework between the three sessions to better facilitate this. The Birkman assessment is the most comprehensive personality assessments on the market.
Ready to talk?
Click here to schedule a free 30-minute telephone consultation.hone consultation.