Podcast #181 – Marc interview Wendy Marx, author of Thriving at 50+: The 7 Principles to Reinvent and Rebrand Yourself
Wendy Marx is a marketing and branding authority sought after for her ability to turn virtually unknown people into brands of distinction. As founder and president of Thriving at 50 Plus, her proprietary coaching program is designed to help Baby Boomers discover their point of differentiation, then rebrand and retool themselves while finding more purpose and meaning in life toward a more rewarding “Second Act.” Drawing on Wendy’s 30+ years of experience in marketing, journalism, public relations, and counseling, her programs provide a unique mix of marketing and PR savvy blended with psychological wisdom. She will take you from a stage of uncertainty to assuredness, confidence, and success.
She is also the author of Thriving at 50+: The 7 Principles to Reinvent and Rebrand Yourself
Check out the Career Pivot Community.
Now on to the podcast…
The First 5 Principles to Reinvention
- Having a growth mindset – People with a growth mindset are flexible, willing to learn, not afraid of what people think, and do not fear failure.
- Being uncomfortable – You need to step out of your comfort zone.
- Willingness to Learn – It has to do with curiosity.
- Finding Your Purpose – It is not what you want to do but what you have to do and what makes your soul tick. Going back over your career that got you excited.
- Story Telling – Link what you want to become and to what you were and tell it in a coherent story.
Check out Wendy’s Thriving at 50 Plus Workshop
Support the Show
Marc invites you to connect with him on LinkedIn.com/in/mrmiller. Just include in the connection request that you listen to this podcast. You can look for Career Pivot on Facebook, LinkedIn, or @CareerPivot on Twitter. Please support the Repurpose Your Career podcast by going to Careerpivot.com/donate.
Please hop over to CareerPivot.com and subscribe to get updates on this podcast and all the other happenings at Career Pivot. You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, the Google Podcasts app, Podbean, the Overcast app, or the Spotify app and on Pandora. Please consider writing a review on Apple Podcast or on Podchaser.com.Marc Miller
Like what you just read? Share it with your friends using the buttons above.
Do You Need Help With ...